Progress reports, facts and figures
The progress reports of the Netherlands Brain Bank from 2005 - 2018 can be found below.
From 2018 onwards, the progress information is depicted in an informative poster. Click on the picture below to view the poster of 2019:
Facts and figures
The following charts display a selection of numbers about autopsies, donor registrations and dissemination of samples to researchers. The abbreviations used in the charts are explained at the bottom of this page.
- AD: Alzheimer’s disease
- Contr: control donors (no neurological or psychiatric diagnosis)
- FTLD/tau: Frontotemporal lobar degeneration / Tauopathy
- MS: Multiple sclerosis
- Other dem: Other types of dementia
- PANR: Pathological report not ready (= final diagnosis not yet determined)
- PD/DLBD: Parkinson’s disease / Diffuse Lewy body dementia
- PSP: Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Psych: Psychiatric disorders
- Rest group: Other diagnoses