Progress reports, facts and figures
The progress reports of the Netherlands Brain Bank from 2005 - 2017 can be found below.
From 2018 onwards, the progress information is depicted in an informative poster. Click on the picture below to view the poster in full size.
Facts and figures
The following charts display a selection of numbers about autopsies, donor registrations and dissemination of samples to researchers. The abbreviations used in the charts are explained at the bottom of this page.
- AD: Alzheimer’s disease
- Contr: control donors (no neurological or psychiatric diagnosis)
- FTLD/tau: Frontotemporal lobar degeneration / Tauopathy
- MS: Multiple sclerosis
- Other dem: Other types of dementia
- PANR: Pathological report not ready (= final diagnosis not yet determined)
- PD/DLBD: Parkinson’s disease / Diffuse Lewy body dementia
- PSP: Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Psych: Psychiatric disorders
- Rest group: Other diagnoses